Here at Gamblers Palace, our NBA Power Rankings are going to differ just a bit from the run-of-the-mill rankings you see on other websites. While those power rankings approach NBA teams from a statistical standpoint, we focus on the good stuff…gambling.
NBA Power Rankings at Gamblers Palace are exactly what the gambler needs. We take into account all the normal power ranking components such as offensive and defensive efficiencies, injuries, strength of schedule, rivalries, home-court advantage and coaches, but we compile all of those into a edge for the handicapper.
You will see that our NBA Power Rankings focus on each team’s win-loss record against the spread. We highlight good spots in the coming week to possibly play, or fade, a particular team. Our writers will highlight basketball teams on the rise, and on the decline.
NBA Power Rankings are updated weekly so you’ll want to check back every Monday for fresh information on how to bet the NBA.
Closing the regular season with a cover win gave the Boston Celtics their 50th ATS victory to lead all NBA teams and they ended the year at the top of our weekly Power Rankings as the most profitable team in the Association. While the teams below them swapped places on a weekly basis, the Cs never surrendered the top spot, despite some shaky play and injury concerns on the court.
The rest of the top-5 remained the same, though there was some shifting of places. Portland had its struggles on the court and at the betting window last week, but the Blazers covered the line in a huge win in their regular season finale. They went 16-6 against the spread to close the year and overtook Philadelphia as the second most profitable team in the NBA.
While they finished in last place in the Atlantic Division standings, the Brooklyn Nets were a boon to their backers. They won three straight against the line before dropping their finale to inch ahead of the Pacers into the fourth spot. Indiana slipped a spot, but ended the regular season at No. 5. The New Orleans Pelicans rode a five-game ATS heater to barely miss out on a top-5 spot. They took over at No. 6, holding off Toronto and Utah.
The Cavs went 6-2 against the spread in their last eight games, but that wasn’t enough to get them out of the basement. Cleveland ended the season 32-49-1 ATS and was the least profitable team for its backers.
Let’s take a look at how all 30 teams stack up from a betting perspective.
1. Boston Celtics (50-30-2 ATS) – The loss of Kyrie Irving and Marcus Smart put the Celtics in a position to be an underdog in several games, and they certainly enjoyed the role. They were 4-2 ATS as a dog in their last six games ended the season going 19-5 when spotted points. It’s a scenario that will likely play out in the postseason, and the Cs have been even better away from the Garden, going 28-13 ATS.
2. Portland Trail Blazers (45-31-6 ATS) – On the strength of an 11-game ATS heater, the Blazers rolled into the top-5 and haven’t left. They’ve cooled off considerably since that run going just 3-5 ATS in their last eight, and they returned to the form before their streak. The Blazers were consistent both at home and on the road, but that string of cover wins was impressive. They aren’t as good as the 13-game straight up winning streak suggests and they have an opponent in the playoffs that’s on a roll.
3. Philadelphia 76ers (47-33-2 ATS) – Right after the Blazers run, the Sixers went on a heater of their own and moved as high as No. 2 in our rankings. However, as the Sixers got more respect, the lines got tighter and they failed to cover in three straight, dropping them a notch in our poll. They did cover in their regular season finale to end the skid and their 47 wins against the line were tied for the second-most in the Association.
4. Brooklyn Nets (46-34-2 ATS) – Doing just enough to not get blown out in all of their games, the Nets climbed ahead of the Pacers by winning three straight against the spread. The streak ended against Boston in their final regular season game, but the Nets were far better at the betting window than they were on the court. The Nets enjoyed the role of underdog, though, going 36-24-2 when spotted points.
5. Indiana Pacers (47-35 ATS) – None of the so-called experts predicted the Pacers to be a playoff team, yet they were a nice surprise on the court and at the betting window. They dropped two of their final three games both straight up and against the line, but the Pacers went 7-3 ATS in their final 10 games and stayed in the top-5 by amassing the second-most cover wins the NBA. The Pacers covered in three of four regular season meetings with the Cavs, but it might be time to fade them against their playoff nemesis LeBron James.
And the rest...
6. New Orleans Pelicans (45-36-1 ATS)
T7. Toronto Raptors (43-38-1 ATS)
T7. Utah Jazz (43-38-1 ATS)
9. Miami Heat (40-36-6 ATS)
10. Los Angeles Lakers (43-39 ATS)
11. San Antonio Spurs (40-38-4 ATS)
12. Houston Rockets (41-39-2 ATS)
13. Los Angeles Clippers (42-40 ATS)
14. Atlanta Hawks (40-39-3 ATS)
15. Chicago Bulls (41-40-1 ATS)
T16. Dallas Mavericks (41-41 ATS)
T16. Detroit Pistons (40-40-2 ATS)
18. Sacramento Kings (38-40-4 ATS)
T19. Denver Nuggets (37-42-3 ATS)
T19. Minnesota Timberwolves (37-42-3 ATS)
21. New York Knicks (38-44 ATS)
22. Orlando Magic (37-43-2 ATS)
23. Phoenix Suns (37-43-2 ATS)
24. Washington Wizards (37-44-1 ATS)
25. Memphis Grizzlies (36-44-2 ATS)
26. Milwaukee Bucks (35-44-3 ATS)
27. Charlotte Hornets (34-44-4 ATS)
28. Golden State Warriors (34-47-1 ATS)
29. Oklahoma City Thunder (34-47-1 ATS)
30. Cleveland Cavaliers (32-49-1 ATS)
Which team’s players in the coming season will be wearing NBA championship rings? Tune in to the action to find out and follow along here at Gamblers Palace for all the NBA Finals analysis and information.
The 2018 NBA Playoffs figure to be without all that much in the way of drama. There is a clear definition between the teams that have a shot of winning it all and the teams that don't, and the fact of the matter is that the second round matchups might not be all that much more competitive than most of the first rounders. That said, you never know when an upset is brewing around the corner that can change the landscape of the entire rest of the postseason, and there will be some big, big prices to be had on some of the underdogs throughout the seven weeks.
Here at Gamblers Palace , we will provide a breakdown of the factors at play in each conference, complete with projections for each team's record, postseason probabilities and championship odds.
Gamblers Palace sports book provides you with all the NBA basketball betting odds and online basketball betting information you need to bet on basketball. Compare the odds from other online bookmakers. Add some excitement to your NBA viewing by placing a wager on your favourite team.
If they win, you win. It is impossible to deny that betting on NBA games creates More excitement for spectators. NBA basketball betting has hundreds upon hundreds of games during the season. Basketball betting allows gamblers to follow a very fast paced sport that can change drastically at any time. More
In play sports betting allows NBA bettors to size up the basketball action before placing a NBA bet.
Also, live betting is a way to make money by placing bets after the game has gone off the board.
Let's say there is a fitness doubt over a basketball team's star player and you want to see how he performs in the first quarter before placing a wager, live in play betting allows you to do just that.
This new type of basketball wagering allows NBA bettors incredible opportunity to bet on basketball plays live during the course of the game, and live in-game basketball betting can attract up to ten times the volume over traditional moneyline or spread betting.
You're still usually betting on the end result, but the odds change as the ball moves down the court. Continue
Bookmaker Sportsbook is one of the leaders in the gambling industry, especially for United States customers, and this year, as we get set to start the NBA betting season, the sportsbook is back with yet another fantastic feature!
At commercial breaks, Bookmaker will have live betting available with a point spread and a 'total' on select basketball games. As always, live betting works just like normal betting with adjusted spreads.
Bookmaker.eu allows sports bettors to place in play bets on NBA or NCAA basketball games.
Sign up now for your free account, it's as easy as 1-2-3.
In the table below there are links to all of the NBA and College basketball betting information available at Gamblers Palace.
You can click on any of the links anytime to read up or receive all the NCAA College basketball betting information you could ask for!
|Basketball Sports Betting Online|
|Basketball Prop Betting||NBA Basketball Betting||Basketball Betting Odds|
|Basketball Money Lines||College Basketball Spreads||College Basketball Halftimes|
Basketball Sportsbook Specials: Basketball Sports Betting Bonus
Basketball Sportsbook Odds: Live Basketball Lines
Sports Betting Help: How to get sportsbook help
Sportsbook Rules: The Sports Betting Rules
Sports Betting Deposits: View Basketball Deposit options