Here at Gamblers Palace, our NBA Power Rankings are going to differ just a bit from the run-of-the-mill rankings you see on other websites. While those power rankings approach NBA teams from a statistical standpoint, we focus on the good stuff…gambling.
NBA Power Rankings at Gamblers Palace are exactly what the gambler needs. We take into account all the normal power ranking components such as offensive and defensive efficiencies, injuries, strength of schedule, rivalries, revenge, scheduling situations, home-court advantage and coaches, but we compile all of those into a edge for the handicapper.
You will see that our NBA Power Rankings focus on each team’s win-loss record against the spread. We highlight good spots in the coming week to possibly play, or fade, a particular team. Our writers will highlight basketball teams on the rise, and on the decline.
NBA Power Rankings are updated weekly so you’ll want to check back every Monday for fresh information on how to bet the NBA.
The Toronto Raptors are on a heater and they climbed into the top-5 of this week’s power rankings. But it’s the Boston Celtics who continue to hold down the top spot as the NBA’s most lucrative team. The Brooklyn Nets hold down the No. 2 spot with the Chicago Bulls coming in at No. 3 for the second straight week. We could see plenty of movement against the line before the All-Star break as a flurry of trade deadline deals changed the landscape of several teams.
With a prosperous week both on the court and at the betting window, the Utah Jazz made a leap to their highest ranking of the season. But they saw their six-game winning streak against the line end, which left them just outside the top-5. A return home lifted the Philadelphia 76ers and faith was restored in their backers.
Let’s take a look at how all 30 teams stack up from a betting perspective.
1. Boston Celtics (34-20-2 ATS) – The Celtics took care of business at the Garden covering against the lowly Hawks and beating Portland as a 2-point dog. The Cs were spotted a bucket due to the absence of Kyrie Irving and Marcus Morris, but they rallied for the outright victory. The Celtics were saddled with an ATS loss north of the border, but they responded by covering the next time out in our nation’s capital. They have a three-game homestand coming up this week and the Cs are a healthy 16-11-2 on the parquet floor.
2. Brooklyn Nets (33-23 ATS) – After hitting a dry spell where they dropped five of six games against the line, the Nets got back to paying off their backers with a pair of covers to close the week. They have three straight at home before the All-Star break, but the Nets are working around some injury concerns that could impact their ability to cover the spread.
3. Chicago Bulls (29-23-1 ATS) – The Bulls were such a surprise earlier in the season and they were able to give themselves a cushion on their ATS record, but the roof has started to collapse both on the court and at the betting window. Chicago has dropped six straight ATS and with their recent roster shakeup now would be a good time to fade them. This team overachieved earlier in the year and is nowhere near as good as they played a month ago. It also didn’t help with Lauri Markkanen and Kris Dunn out of the lineup, but Marksman is expected back before the All-Star break and the Bulls have four straight coming up at the UC.
4. Toronto Raptors (30-24 ATS) – Going undefeated ATS for the week, the Raptors made the biggest leap going from 12th into the top-5. Toronto covered double-digit spreads against Memphis and the Knicks and easily handled Boston in a showdown of Eastern Conference heavyweights. Those four wins all came at the AAC and the Raps will play two of three on the road before the break. They are just 14-13 ATS on the road, but those games are against Charlotte and Chicago, teams the Raptors covered against in their last meeting. And when a team’s on a heater you gotta ride them.
5. Philadelphia 76ers (28-22-1 ATS) – The young Sixers returned home and promptly picked up right where they left off. Philly was close to falling out of the top-5 after going 0-3 ATS to finish a recent road trip. But they ended that dry spell with a cover win over Miami and an impressive victory over the Wizards as a 6.5-point favorite. Their 15-9 record against the line at home is the best in the Eastern Conference and the Sixers have four games at the Wells Fargo Center coming up before the break.
And the Rest...
6. Los Angeles Clippers (28-23-1 ATS)
7. Utah Jazz (29-25 ATS)
8. San Antonio Spurs (29-25-2 ATS)
9. Indiana Pacers (29-26 ATS)
10. Los Angeles Lakers (29-25 ATS)
11. Atlanta Hawks (28-25-2 ATS)
12. Portland Trail Blazers (26-24-5 ATS)
13. Detroit Pistons (26-25-2 ATS)
14. Minnesota Timberwolves (28-27-2 ATS)
15. New York Knicks (28-28 ATS)
16. Dallas Mavericks (27-27-1 ATS)
17. New Orleans Pelicans (26-26-1 ATS)
18. Houston Rockets (26-26-1 ATS)
19. Phoenix Suns (26-28-2 ATS)
20. Denver Nuggets (25-26-3 ATS)
21. Miami Heat (25-27-3 ATS)
22. Orlando Magic (25-28-1 ATS)
23. Washington Wizards (25-30 ATS)
24. Memphis Grizzlies (24-28-2 ATS)
25. Milwaukee Bucks (23-25-5 ATS)
26. Golden State Warriors (24-30-1 ATS)
27. Charlotte Hornets (22-28-4 ATS)
28. Sacramento Kings (22-28-3 ATS)
29. Oklahoma City Thunder (23-33 ATS)
30. Cleveland Cavaliers (15-37-1 ATS)
In play sports betting allows NBA bettors to size up the basketball action before placing a NBA bet.
Also, live betting is a way to make money by placing bets after the game has gone off the board.
Let's say there is a fitness doubt over a basketball team's star player and you want to see how he performs in the first quarter before placing a wager, live in play betting allows you to do just that.
This new type of basketball wagering allows NBA bettors incredible opportunity to bet on basketball plays live during the course of the game, and live in-game basketball betting can attract up to ten times the volume over traditional moneyline or spread betting.
You're still usually betting on the end result, but the odds change as the ball moves down the court. Continue
Bookmaker Sportsbook is one of the leaders in the gambling industry, especially for United States customers, and this year, as we get set to start the NBA betting season, the sportsbook is back with yet another fantastic feature!
At commercial breaks, Bookmaker will have live betting available with a point spread and a 'total' on select basketball games. As always, live betting works just like normal betting with adjusted spreads.
Bookmaker.eu allows sports bettors to place in play bets on NBA or NCAA basketball games.
Sign up now for your free account, it's as easy as 1-2-3.
In the table below there are links to all of the NBA and College basketball betting information available at Gamblers Palace.
You can click on any of the links anytime to read up or receive all the NCAA College basketball betting information you could ask for!
|Basketball Sports Betting Online|
|Basketball Prop Betting||NBA Basketball Betting||Basketball Betting Odds|
|Basketball Money Lines||College Basketball Spreads||College Basketball Halftimes|
Basketball Sportsbook Specials: Basketball Sports Betting Bonus
Basketball Sportsbook Odds: Live Basketball Lines
Sports Betting Help: How to get sportsbook help
Sportsbook Rules: The Sports Betting Rules
Sports Betting Deposits: View Basketball Deposit options